17/03/2015

Love what you do Art Journal Page

I wanted to play around with using masking tape as a background medium on this page. I've seen quite a few pages online using the tape on the page and then painting over it for texture but I really wanted the paper accents on this page to stand out for me. I started with gesso and then added on the acrylic paints in my chosen palette of blues.I then placed strips of masking tape down the sides of the journal on either side and stamped over the top of them in no particular order. Here is the finished result once the masking tape was removed.
Forgive the harsh light glare on the page but much of my work is done at night in a not particularly well lit area of my house. I'm afraid it is not conducive to lovely light conditions for photographs. I then splashed some gold acrylic onto the page because, well, why not? I mean everything looks better with gold paint splashes no? Honestly I wasn't mad on it at this stage but that is why I am loving working on the art journal. You can change it you can alter it and if all of that doesn't work you can just paint over and start again. I decided to just go with it and some torn paper and rubs ons later here is the end result.
I used some random scrapbooking papers I have stashed away to cut out the hearts and some brads in the shape of nail heads (gotta love some hardware)to accent the hearts. I felt they needed a little something to make them pop but at the same time stick with the muted colors. I love the rub on transfers I used on the bottom and opposite top part of the page. I feel like it really tied everything together on the page. I'm so glad I kept all of this stuff from my scrapbooking phase years ago as I am so over keeping it for a "special" piece and am all about slapping it on and having fun with it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newsletter

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...