15/04/2015

Season of Brave 1 - Get Messy Art Journal

So I've joined up with the Get Messy art journal group online. I really wanted to participate in a group to get some inspiration and hopefully make some new online friends in the process.

I joined up at the very end of their last season which was the season of love and decided to wait to jump in for this new season which started at the beginning of April. The new season is the season of brave which is really exciting.

You get prompts throughout the season (6 weeks) and there are journaling prompts to get you thinking and writing and art prompts to get you using some new techniques and pushing the comfort zone a little which is exactly what I am so excited about!

Here is my response to the first set of prompts from the Brave Season;


I have to say that I did find it quite hard to fill the page with journalling about what I think brave is. Of course the amazing thing about Art journalling is that there is no right and wrong, no rules. The Art journal police won't be coming to your door. I didn't HAVE to put the journalling in but I wanted to so that I have a record of me and my thoughts in the journal as well as my Art work and how it evolves over time.

 Above is a close up of the woven edges I put on the side using torn magazine pages.

Funny story - I used to have a Dymo Label Maker thingy. The old school one that uses the 3D tape. I hardly ever used it and ended up throwing it out. Guess what? Last week all I wanted was another one so I ended up buying another one. Lesson - NEVER THROW ANYTHING OUT!


Here is my second layout. I have to say I love this one a lot. I used cotton buds to paint on this and I love the background colors and how it makes everything pop. I used a old OHP transparency to make the wings on just used a magazine cut out for my lady.


I used the Dymo again and a glassine bag I've had lying around forever to make a pouch to hold my journalling. As this journalling was a bit more personal I wanted to hide it away a little and I love the extra dimension it adds to the page.


Here's how I included all I wanted to in the pouch. Maya was so keen to get involved she wanted to do one too and insisted her pie chart be included with mine. How and why would I say no to this? As you can see she got a bit bored after coloring her's in but done is done and I am very happy to give it a home in my journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newsletter

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...