26/05/2015

Love Your Lettering


I recently signed up to a class with Studio Calico called "Love Your Lettering". It's a class to improve your hand lettering and let me tell you, I am so glad that I did. The class takes you through the basics of hand lettering and how to play around with different fonts and sizes.

The part I loved the most was learning about cursive writing. I should add here that I've always loved my handwriting and I always get a lot of compliments on it. Not blowing my own horn here I promise up if there's a card to be written or a whiteboard to be filled it's always me who ends up being volunteered.

That being said there was a lot for me to learn about forming the letters and where to add the heavier "down" strokes. I would write a lot of my handwriting in cursive but some letters like the "b" and the "s" and the "r" took some work to get down!




Here's a birthday card that I played with. I really like the Kraft card and keeping the decoration simple. I think I'd like to make a batch of these for Christmas presents and give everyone a whole pack of different ones so they always have cards on hand for different occasions.


I made some pages in my Art Journal for the class too and I'm really pleased with the results.


I used a good old Sharpie for the art journal pages and I then went out and bought ink and a good brush for the Birthday card. I like the convenience of the Sharpie for sure but I loved the flow of the ink and brush, I think I'll be using that quite a bit.

What about you? What are your favourite ways of writing? Brush or Pen??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newsletter

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...